Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baraka - 2. Baraka Beatdown (25% Moderate)


Kombo Challenge: Back Back X, * Forward Forward Triangle - Down Back Square

Chop Chop Blades (Back Back X)
Scrape Kick (Forward Forward Triangle)
Sharp Spark (Down Back Square)

1/11/09 10:10 PM - After trying this move over and over again, I found myself getting lightning quick with the Back Back X (Chop Chop Blades). This is a good thing because it means I don't need to keep jumping back and forth to get the Back Back X off in the right position. If you are not fast enough yet, I recommend starting this move off from a jump length away. While you are jumping towards your opponent, be pressing Back, Back, repeatedly until you land, then press X to begin the Chop Chop Blades move. The Kombo Challenge has a * indicating that you need to initiate the next sequence with special timing. I have found that immediately after I begin the Chop Chop Blades move, if I start pressing Forward, Forward, repeatedly, I can get the Scrape Kick move by pressing Triangle just as Baraka is finishing his Chop Chop move. You'll know if you got this off because your opponent will go flying way in the air. The next part is the hardest in my opinion. You need to get of a Sharp Spark by pressing Down Back Square. So far the best luck I've had is if I execute this while Baraka is kicking the opponent up and I roll the directional pad Down Forward, rather than pressing the directional pad in the down forward angle. You need to get the "Sharp Spark" off fast. Try executing it almost before Baraka has finished with his big kick up. This move is a bit harder because it involves different directions and different attack buttons. Please let me know if you find any useful techniques for this or have any helpful suggestions.

1/11/09 10:35 PM - OK, using the techniques I described above, I've pretty much can get this off about 50% of the time now.

1/12/09 7:15 PM - The Sharp Spark needs to be executed a just the right time. I'm getting better at it. I'll try to post a technique for get off the Sharp Spark on time. You will have a little more time to get it off if your opponent is backed against a wall.

1/14/09 9:40 PM - This one gets easier after you've completed some of the harder Kombos. It just takes conditioning. This is not a bad Kombo to master for 25% damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment